On Friday, October 28, 2011, IBMC held its bi-annual Advisory Board meeting at the Greeley campus, 5400 West 11th Street, Suite D.
Compromised of professionals, employers and prior graduates from the Northern Colorado region, the Board’s primary function is to consult and advise IBMC concerning current knowledge of employment needs within the community.
This pertinent information is utilized to update IBMC curriculum content and to provide information, technologies and equipment to train students in modalities and better help externs as they become employees in the workplace.
Nine local business leaders attended this session. These leaders, from diverse business, medical, legal and massage backgrounds, all used their industry expertise to lead group discussions.
1) Accelerated Rehab Therapy, Kari Stanske, Massage Therapist
2) Banner Physicians Billing, Jody Willier, Manager
3) Bobby Masters Law Firm, Bobby Masters, Owner
4) College Credit Union of Greeley, Walter Marx, President/CEO
5) District Attorney’s Office, Jenny Finch, Community Relations Director
6) Handprints Massage, LLC, Cindi Franklin, CMT, AOS
7) Strategic Financial Management, Chris Owen, Partner
8) Sunrise Community Center, Christine Gitchel, Office Manager
9) Walgreen’s, Paula Clement, Pharmacy Manager
This program has proven to be a win-win situation for both the IBMC students and the employers in the local communities. It has assisted in the expansion of externship outreach programs for employers and introduces students to employers as prospective employees.
The topics for discussion included the following: review curriculum and course materials, course descriptions (from IBMC catalog), program slicks, determine the traits employers are looking for in employees, what skill-sets are needed and review of current text books.
For a complete listing of all active 2011 Advisory Board members, please visit www.ibmc.edu or contact Ann Cross, Director of Career Services, at (970) 223-2669.