IBMC Articles

IBMC College Honors Fort Collins Faculty Member in this Week’s Teacher Feature

Local Fort Collins College Recognizes Kami Stutzman, Medical Billing and Coding Instructor, for Her Dedication to Students and Unique Approach to Teaching

In an effort to highlight the amazing teaching talent we have on campus, IBMC has rolled out the “Teacher Feature.” By sharing interviews with our inspiring faculty across a variety of Social Media networks, we will showcase the great dedication and skill that IBMC instructors possess. Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and link up with us on LinkedIn to leave your comments and show your support!

IBMC Fort Collins college honors outstanding faculty member.
Kami Stutzman, Medical Billing & Coding instructor, creates an engaging and warm environment in the classroom.

This week, we honor Kami Stutzman, a Medical Billing and Coding instructor. Kami is well known around the IBMC Fort Collins campus for her bubbly personality and excited approach to teaching. Students in the Medical Billing & Coding program, as well as students in her Psychology of Success class know that they can count on her for trustworthy guidance.

Here’s how Kami answered our “Teacher Feature” questionnaire:

1. What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? Currently, I am a full time student myself in the Interior Design program at CSU. Before that I worked in the Medical Billing Industry for over 16 years.

2. What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? I love to see the growth in my students, especially when I get to teach their first class, Psychology of Success. It’s amazing to see their confidence grow, along with the belief that they CAN make this change and better their lives!

3. What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? I frequently use this quote, “When facing a difficult task, act as though it is impossible to fail. If you are going after Moby Dick, take along the tartar sauce.” Walter Smith

4. Who inspires YOU? My Grandma. She’s an amazing Woman of God and invested heavily into our lives. She also has her nails painted red (matches her lipstick) and she’ll be 100 years old this May!

5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. We believe in your success!

6. What was the last movie you watched? Pride & Prejudice–the 2 hour version–which is actually inferior (in my opinion) to the A&E 6 hour version!

7. If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? WOW! This is a HARD question. If there was peace in Egypt, I’d start there and work my way down the East Coast of Africa, ending the 3-4 month trip in South Africa at Victoria Falls.

8. What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I learned how to play the piano by ear in the second grade (Suzuki method). After moving, I asked my new piano teacher to play the piece I was supposed to learn, so I could hear it and figure it out without reading the notes. Unfortunately, she caught on too fast and I had to learn how to read music.

To find out more about our instructors at IBMC, be sure to visit our blog regularly and follow us on Social Media!

Request Info