IBMC recognizes Mark Arsenault, instructor for the Business Administration & Accounting program, in this week’s “Teacher Feature.”
At IBMC, we make it our mission to provide students with encouraging instructors that posses real-world experience in the fields in which they teach. Not only do our instructors teach our students, but they help to shape the way these students view themselves, academically and professionally. To highlight these inspiring faculty members, IBMC has created the “Teacher Feature.” Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and link up with us on LinkedIn to leave your comments and show your support for these influential instructors!
This week, IBMC honors Mark Arsenault. Mark is a constant fixture around the Greeley college campus and has made a significant impact on the lives of students in the Business Administration & Accounting program. As a long-time software consultant and trainer, Mark brings a wealth of real-world experience to the classroom. In teaching students the importance of computer skills and software familiarity, Mark encourages students to always ask questions and never underestimate themselves.
Here’s how Mark answered our “Teacher Feature” questionnaire:
1. What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? I am a Microsoft Certified Trainer and am a partner at Pro-Link Consulting, LLP. I have been a computer training/small business consultant for 5 years.
2. What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? I don’t think there is just one thing I like about teaching. I enjoy seeing others overcome challenges, achieving goals and succeeding. I like sharing my knowledge and experiences with others. And, I like when students challenge me to push myself further as a teacher and as a person.
3. What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? I don’t really have one thing that inspires everyone (I don’t think, you should ask them). I treat everyone as an equal individual and encourage people to push themselves to a personal best.
4. Who inspires YOU? My students are a constant inspiration for me because they overcome challenges and achieve goals on a daily basis. My fiancé, mom, grandparents and puppies are my inspiration, motivation and guiding light in my life.
5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. It is perfectly worded in the vision statement, “Caring individuals…changing lives”. But in a few words; “an Inspirational, caring and supportive family.”
6. What was the last movie you watched? Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
7. If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would go to Malaysia because it is central to India, Australia, Japan, and Indonesia.
8. What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I love B-comedy movies. I have watched Clue over a 1000 times, I can recite most of the lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Space Balls, and the Three Amigos. I am also a Trekkie.
To find out more about our instructors at IBMC, be sure to visit our blog regularly and follow us on Social Media!