IBMC Articles

IBMC College Recognizes Longmont Instructor in Weekly Teacher Feature Series

IBMC College in Longmont honors Mandy Harding, instructor for the Business Administration & Accounting program, in this week’s “Teacher Feature.”

At IBMC, we make it our mission to provide students with encouraging instructors that posses real-world experience in the fields in which they teach. Not only do our instructors teach our students, but they help to shape the way these students view themselves, academically and professionally.  To highlight these inspiring faculty members,  IBMC has created the “Teacher Feature.”  Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and link up with us on LinkedIn to leave your comments and show your support for these influential instructors!

Longmont college instructor at IBMC for Business Administration & Accounting program
Mandy Harding, Longmont college instructor at IBMC, inspires Business Administration and Accounting students.

This week, IBMC recognizes Mandy Harding for her influential and inspiring teaching style! With a wealth of knowledge and over a decade of experience in accounting, Mandy incorporates real-world examples into her curriculum.  She helps students understand the situations they’ll encounter in the workplace and pushes students to excel in the classroom! Recently, Mandy Harding was recognized by her students and named Faculty of the Quarter at the Longmont college.

Here’s how Mandy answered our “Teacher Feature” questionnaire:

1. What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? Right now, I am a graduate student; I am currently in my last semester and will have my Master’s of Science in Accounting in May.  Prior to returning school, I spent 10 years working as an accountant in the manufacturing industry.  I also spent 6 years at as a tax preparer and currently work with some of my favorite tax clients each year.

2. What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? The best part of teaching is definitely the students.

3. What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? You CAN do this! You need to believe in yourself and have faith in yourself. The only reason that you would not be able to do this is because you will not let yourself learn.  Get out of your own way and let yourself succeed!

4. Who inspires YOU? Many people inspire me.  People with a passion for life and learning inspire me.  I am also inspired by people who aim to be the best people they can be.  The students of IBMC inspire me daily. Many of our students regularly encounter hurdles in their lives and they do not let that stop them. Our students work around the obstacles to learn and grow as individuals.

5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Absolutely incredible experience!

6. What was the last movie you watched? Warm Bodies is the last movie I watched;  Zombies need a love story too!

7. If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? I would travel to Scotland if I had the ability to travel anywhere in the world.  The amount of history to be seen in Scotland is incredible and maybe I would be lucky enough to see the Loch Ness Monster!

8. What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I have been in the Parade of Lights with Mickey Mouse at Disney World and I have played the National Anthem at many Colorado Rockies games.

To find out more about our instructors at IBMC, be sure to visit our blog regularly and follow us on Social Media!

Request Info