Mercedes Gutierrez, a student in IBMC’s Medical Assisting Degree program, is honored by her fellow classmates with the Student of the Quarter award.
Every 10 weeks, IBMC College in Greeley hosts a Student Recognition Assembly to honor those students who excel academically. At the last luau-themed assembly, Mercedes Gutierrez, a student in the Medical Assisting program, was named Student of the Quarter for the afternoon class session.
Student of the Quarter is nominated by peers. The recipient of this award has a positive attitude, influences others to do well, perseveres through difficult times and achieves exceptional grades. Here’s how Mercedes Gutierrez answered our Student Spotlight questionnaire:
1) What was the main factor that motivated you to attend IBMC? What program are you enrolled in? The main reason I enrolled in the Medical Assisting program is because I wanted a better life for my family.
2) What is the one thing you enjoy most about being a student at IBMC? I feel welcomed and loved.
3) Student of the Quarter is nominated by peers. What do you do to inspire your fellow classmates? I’m outgoing!
4) Who inspires YOU? My children!
5) Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Best thing to happen to me and my future career (sorry…I broke the word limit)!
6) We think you can learn a lot about people from the movies they watch. What was the last movie you saw? Life of Pi
7) If you could be anyone else in the world for just one day, who would it be? That’s tough…I don’t think I would want to be anyone else because I’m pretty content with my life 🙂
8) What is one crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? While here at IBMC, I was pregnant and in class when I went into labor on March 11, 2013 (Monday). I had my daughter on March 12th (Tuesday) and I was back in class 2 days later on Thursday!