IBMC Articles

Student in Longmont Business & Accounting Program Recognized

At IBMC College, we think it’s important to reward students that “go the extra mile” and take full advantage of their educational opportunities!  Every 10 weeks, at the Student Appreciation Assemblies, we honor those students that have achieved academic excellence.

Student at Longmont business school receives award
Veronica, student in the Business Administration and Accounting program, accepts the Student of the Quarter award.

IBMC College in Longmont recently named Veronica Taberna, a student in the Business Administration and Accounting program, as Student of the Quarter for the morning class session.

Elected by his/her peers, the recipient of this award displays a positive attitude, the ability to influence others to do well, perseverance through difficult times and achievement of exceptional grades.

And, to showcase our awesome award-winners, we’ve created the Student Spotlight feature for our Social Media channels. Stop by our Facebook page and Twitter page and join us in congratulating Veronica!

Here’s how Veronica answered our Student Spotlight questionnaire:

1.      What was the main factor that motivated you to attend IBMC College? What program are you enrolled in? I wanted to retrain for a new industry. I wanted a better future and job. IBMC was close to home and convenient. I am a student in the Business Administration and Accounting program.

2.      What is the one thing you enjoy most about being a student at IBMC? Meeting new people and developing skills to enhance my career.

3.      Student of the Quarter is nominated by peers. What do you do to inspire your fellow classmates?I try to be a friend to my classmates, listen, encourage and motivate them.

4.      Who inspires YOU? Mandy Harding, IBMC instructor. She is a mentor – very positive and encouraging!

5.      Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Inspirational, family-oriented, caring

6.     What was the last movie you watched? Argo

7.      If you could be anyone in the world for just one day, who would it be? Not sure about this one…seriously!

8.     What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? That I have 3 children, identical twin girls (25 yr.) and a 19 year old son. Who knew? My daughters were 3 months premature, survived and are healthy young adults now.

If you’re interested in training at IBMC College for a life-changing career, fill out the form in the upper right-hand corner of this page to get started now! Or, visit our site for more info!

Request Info