IBMC Articles

Student Spotlight: Jennifer Hammer, Fort Collins Medical Assisting Student

This week, Jennifer Hammer, a student in the Medical Assisting program at the Fort Collins college, shines in the Student Spotlight!

The Student Spotlight feature was created in order to showcase our inspiring student body! Weekly, we use social media and our blog to highlight a dedicated student who continually goes “above and beyond.” Check us out on Facebook and Twitter to get to know each student a little bit better! You never know when you’ll run into him/her in the halls!

We also hope that the array of students that are featured show you that a college education is attainable for anyone who is ready for a career change!

Here’s how Jennifer Hammer answered our Student Spotlight questionnaire:

1. What was the main factor that motivated you to attend IBMC College? What program are you enrolled in? I wanted to find a better job to support my grandchildren, who I have custody of. I am in the Medical Assistant program.

2. What is the one thing you enjoy most about being a student at IBMC? The friendships and support I have gained

3. Student Spotlight is nominated by peers. What do you do to inspire your fellow classmates? I keep going, even though I have had many obstacles.

4. Who inspires YOU? Barb Hoffman

5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Love, family and compassion

6. What was the last movie you watched? Star Trek

7. What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I LOVE to bake and decorate cakes!

If you’re interested in training at IBMC College for a life-changing career, fill out the form in the upper right-hand corner of this page to get started now! Or, visit our site for more info!

Request Info