IBMC Articles

Influential Cheyenne Instructor at IBMC College Wins Award

Cheyenne campus of IBMC College honors Business and Accounting instructor, Diana McCarty in this week’s edition of the “Teacher Feature.”

IBMC recognizes outstanding faculty members at Cheyenne college
Diana McCarty happily accepts her award for Faculty Member of the Quarter!

Students at IBMC College often recognize faculty members as the driving force that pushes them to excel in their business, computer, healthcare, legal and massage programs. To showcase these inspiring faculty members,  IBMC has created the “Teacher Feature.”  Become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and link up with us on LinkedIn to leave your comments and show your support for these influential instructors!

This week, IBMC College recognizes Diana McCarty for her unique and heartfelt approach to teaching! Diana encourages students to give it their “all” and is quick to share her pearls of wisdom. Recently, she was recognized by her students and named Faculty of the Quarter at the Cheyenne college.

Here’s how Diana answered our “Teacher Feature” questionnaire:

1. What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? I worked for a local CPA firm doing audits and taxes for several years before joining IBMC.  Prior to that I was an underwriter for a property-casualty insurance company for 13 years.

2. What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? I enjoy seeing students have their “a-ha” moments!

3. What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? I tell my students, “I know you can do it!” My math students are always hearing, “Life is a story problem.”

4. Who inspires YOU? My former boss.  He was and still is my mentor.  He is the one who convinced me that I could and should go to college.  I can still hear his words, “Where will you be in five years if you don’t go to school?”

5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. A place where dreams can come true.

6. What was the last movie you watched? I watch a lot of Netflix, but my niece talked me into going to “The Hobbit” with her.

7. If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Since it’s summer, I would go to Alaska.  I’ve always wanted to see the glaciers calving, to see all the wildlife and watch the whales.  Then we’d have to go fishing for salmon!

8. What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I’m sure most of my students would have a hard time believing that I’ve gone bungee jumping and parasailing.

To find out more about our instructors at IBMC, be sure to visit our blog regularly and follow us on Social Media!

Request Info