IBMC College honors faculty members that inspire students to succeed
At IBMC, we know that quality of instructor greatly affects students’ educational experience. Because of that, IBMC has made it a top priority to hire faculty members that personify our mission statement: Caring individuals…Changing Lives.
In this week’s Teacher Feature, we honor Nancy Landers, a Cosmetology instructor at the Cheyenne campus. Students on this campus love Nancy’s vivacious personality and unique style of teaching. She keeps the classroom environment exciting, while using her years of experience in the Cosmetology field to teach her students the ins and outs of hair, skin and nail services.
Here’s how Nancy answered the questions to our Teacher Feature questionnaire:
1) What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? I have been a Licensed Cosmetologist & Registered Barber for 32 years.
2) What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? Learning something new every day, even after all of these years.
3) What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? I add humor whenever & wherever I can, mostly from real life situations. I am able to laugh at myself & admit my strengths and weaknesses, all the while being passionate about what I do.
4) Who inspires YOU? My former Instructors, my mentors and my students.
5) Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Incredible, Beautiful, Mastering Careers.
6) What was the last movie you watched? Sadly, the Home Alone trilogy.
7) If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? New Zealand because my daughter is living there!
8) What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I won an essay contest & a trip to NYC to model for Weight Watchers Publications.