Adam Lanning has been selected as the Cheyenne Campus Teacher of the Month and will be featured on our IBMC College Facebook page. Please give Adam a round of applause for his efforts and incredible passion for his students.
1) What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? And for how long have you done this? For 16 years, I have been a student of life, a Massage Therapist, a Life Coach and an Educator/Instructor in the Healing Arts domain.
2) What is the one thing you enjoy most about teaching? The students light bulbs clicking on and staying this way. The “ah-ha” moment.
3) What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? Practice what I preach. We work in the realm of wellness. I eat well, exercise, get massaged and meditate. All the things we suggest to our students and our guests. So I should too.
4) Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Caring individuals changing lives
5) What was the last movie you watched? Back to back, Incredibles followed by Insidious.
6) If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Chile. Rich culture, thriving economy and a population who not that long ago endured a bloody coup and cleaned government house. An inspiration for those of us in the US as we should do the same, again.
7) What is one zany/crazy fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I have been on Colorado and Company TV show, I have really long elbow skin, I was prom king and I was arrested in 5th grade (I did learn my lesson and have never been back).