This is a full-time, M-F position.
Position Purpose: Manage and support the daily operations of the Education Department.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field.
- 3-5 years of teaching experience (required — residential setting — not online).
- 3-5 years managerial experience (in an educational setting preferred) managing faculty and/or staff
- Experience working in Higher Education preferred
- Provide leadership and direction to faculty and support staff in the Education Department.
- Conduct in class observations of faculty meeting ratio requirements.
- Support new hire orientation at the campus level including assigning and following up with mentors for new hires weekly during the first session of teaching.
- Conduct ongoing new class faculty orientation each session.
- Hire and manage faculty. Perform annual evaluations of all faculty establishing goals that promote individual professional development consistent with the job description and executive expectations.
- Substitute teach approved classes as needed.
- Calendar, host and schedule meetings as necessary.
- Teach zero to two classes based on qualifications and campus level expectations every session or every other session (any shift – based on staffing model).
- Responsible for awareness and reporting of any activities in violation of Equal Employment Opportunity and Title VII guidelines and regulations to ensure compliance.
- In conjunction with Human Resource Department ensure an efficient and effective hiring process.
- Collaborate with Curriculum Specialist and V.P. of Education to ensure timely completion of curriculum.
- Assist and support Student Services, Career Services & Student Success Coach with student issues.
- Responsible for development and oversight of department budget.
- Attend student related events and activities including assemblies, graduation.
- Meet with the V.P. of Education monthly for strategic discussions, planning and execution of education department activities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Knowledge/Skills and Ability:
- Ability to lead a team of individuals including faculty and staff and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and direct the work of others
- Ability to effectively problem solve and resolve conflicts
- Ability to take initiative and follow procedural guidelines as prescribed by accrediting bodies
- Ability to work with discretion and confidential matters when dealing with students, instructors and staff.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedules across shifts including mornings, afternoons and/or some evenings
- Ability to substitute classes in area of approved expertise as needed across all shifts
- Strong attention to detail
Working Conditions :
Work is performed in an office environment and classroom/labs within a college campus requiring outdoor driving to commute to other campuses if needed.