Full-time Financial Aid Counselor at our Longmont Campus. This is a M-F position.
Responsible to package and set-up student funding arrangements and re-package, adjust arrangements during program duration.
Education and Experience:
Associate of Occupational Studies Degree, or equivalent education and experience required.
IBMC is the leading proprietary, post-secondary Career College in Northern and Southern Colorado, with more than 1,200 students with campus locations in Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont, Colorado Springs, and Cheyenne, Wyoming.
Our Mission Statement is : “IBMC delivers a wide range of professional life-changing opportunities to promote personal, social, and career development. We welcome a diversity of individuals and encourage life-long learning for success.”
Our Vision is: “Caring Individuals…Changing Lives.”
We believe each employee contributes directly to the College Success.
IBMC offers a competitive salary and a great work environment!
If you would like to join our team apply at: www.IBMC.edu.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Company.
- Conduct financial aid overviews, assist new students with PINs, FAFSAs on-line, and DL MPNs.
- Conduct appointments with newly enrolled students by assisting with entrance interviews and MPNs, and present tuition finance plans.
- Print ISIRS for student files.
- Perform verification on selected ISIRSs.
- Complete forms for social services and in-school deferments.
- Monitor and compare actual to projected enrollment by terms. Monitor charges to student ledgers.
- Request adjustments to student ledgers.
- Package and adjust student financial aid accurately and timely. Review tuition costs, financial aid options with students. Create award letters for student acceptances.
- Input data on Tuition Financial Plan spreadsheet, set-up disbursements for all student aid programs in CampusVue.
- Work closely with Admissions Department to ensure timely and accurate FA packaging.
- Work with Student Account Specialist to ensure students are making payments on their accounts
- Coordinate withdrawal file completion.
- Manage exit interviews for students leaving school; close graduate and withdrawal FA files.
- Enter data into CVue of documents, loan information, references, FERPAs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information.
- Research student scholarship opportunities and announce to all students.
- Process withdrawal files after R2T4s are complete.
- Attend Department, Campus, and Company meetings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
Knowledge/Skill and Ability:
Excellent customer service skills.
Excellent attention to detail.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently.
Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
Ability to work in a changing environment.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Work is performed in an office environment on a college campus and requires outdoor driving to attend meetings.