Expanded Duty Dental Assisting Certificate (EDDA) – September 2019
- This class-event has passed.
September 6 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$600 – $1600
Become an invaluable member of your dental team and increase your career potential by earning the Expanded Duty Dental Assisting Certificate. This certificate qualifies you to to perform advanced tasks like expanded restorative work under the supervision of a dentist, but it also counts toward your dental assistant continuing education credit.
The EDDA program requires 40 hours of class time and is held on five days over a three-week period.
As an Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (sometimes also referred to as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant), your daily job duties may expand to include:
- Caries and cavity classifications
- Tooth morphology
- Cavity preparations
- Properties of amalgam
- Esthetic restorative materials and procedures
- Placement of bases and liners
- Composite resin
- Amalgam utilizing two-handed and four-handed dentistry
- Crown and Bridge Impressions
- Cord Packing
- Temporary Crown Fabrication and Cementation
- Orthodontics (time permitting to include Wire Placement, Ligature, Bracket Cementation)
Starts September 6th, 2019 at the Longmont Campus
Classes held on September 6th, September 7th, September 13th, September 14th, and September 20th