Pursue a Medical Assisting Degree at IBMC’s Cheyenne College
Medical assistants are a vital part of a healthcare facility’s administrative staff. They have a number of important responsibilities, and they often enjoy full-time employment plus benefits. If you are interested in this exciting and rewarding career, earn your medical assisting degree and become a medical assistant in as little as 15 to 19 months at IBMC’s Cheyenne campus, when following the prescribed coursework.
About Medical Assisting
As a medical assistant, you can find employment in the office of a physician or in another healthcare facility. Depending on the nature of your position, you may be responsible for scheduling patient appointment, administering injections, preparing blood for laboratory exams, taking vital signs and recording patient histories.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, medical assistants earn a median annual salary of approximately $29,370. However, some medical assistants may earn more or less based on their location, schedule and other factors. Note: Statistics are nationally assigned, not regionally.
Benefits of Working in this Field
As a professional in the field of medical assisting, you will enjoy a variety of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to work alongside doctors and other healthcare professionals. – Medical assistants may work with physicians, nurses, physician assistants and other professionals throughout the day.
- A rewarding career. – Medical assistants are able to see the results of their work on a daily basis as they provide valuable healthcare services to patients.
- A large number of employment opportunities. – According to the BLS, employment opportunities for medical assistants will increase by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
Make it Happen at IBMC
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a medical assistant, IBMC College can help you achieve your goal. We offer a comprehensive medical assisting program that will teach you all of the skills you need to further your career after as little as 15 to 19 months of study, as prescribed. When you attend our medical assisting program in Cheyenne, Wyoming you will:
- Gain the skills needed to work in the front or back of the physician’s office.
- Learn about anatomy, surgical procedures, suture removals, blood draws, dissection, casting, injections and much more.
- Put your medical assisting knowledge and skills to the test during a 5-week externship.
- Use your skillsets at volunteer events, like the 9News Health Fair
IBMC also offers job and career placement assistance, resume workshops, mock interviews and other resources to ensure that you continue to succeed in your career even after you have graduated from our institution. Contact IBMC today to learn more or get started!