Although an online education may seem more convenient, unfortunately, it’s just not all it’s cracked up to be. Consider for these common pitfalls to your academic success:
Will you be working with people? If so, are you comfortable watching videos or reading a book or chat about dental procedures, massage techniques or blood draws without ever practicing on a person?
- It takes a ton of discipline, self-motivation and self-teaching to be successful – often resulting in you spending more time studying/prepping than in a traditional campus setting. Essentially it makes you solely responsible for your education.
- Technology can be challenging and frustrating: From slow internet connections to outdated software, online learning has it’s challenges. If you take online courses, you’ll be responsible for maintaining your computer hardware and software.
- Students may be required to learn new or enhanced computer and troubleshooting skills.
- It may feel like solitary confinement just sitting alone churning away on assignments without face-to-face interactions.
- Your education can suffer: Disengaged faculty, lack of accreditation, low feedback on assignments and navigating the challenge of virtual group assignments are items to consider.
- Feeling isolated as a student may lead to feelings of inadequacy and insecurity, and a lack of confidence in the your own abilities.
Our campuses feel like home:
From meaningful relationships with instructors, other students and even clients, you’re not a number or account name here.
You receive help when you need it:
From academic to personal resources, we’re here to assist.
- We are nationally accredited and financial aid is available to you, if you qualify.
- You get to practice the skills you’ll use on the job – all while learning in our clinical classrooms.
- Your instructors often work in the field they teach – bringing that important real-world knowledge straight to you.
- You receive mock interview, professional coaching and resume writing support.
- We provide you with externship or clinical experience as well as career placement assistance.
- If you ever have the need to re-sharpen your skills after getting graduation, we offer you refresher courses.
Make an informed decision. Explore IBMC College’s career training options before commiting to online courses. You’ll be glad you did!