Student Grievance and Appeal Policy

Grievance and Appeal Process

In the event an applicant, student, graduate, former student, or other party who has business with the College feels his/her rights have been violated, the following procedure should be followed:

  1. The individual must first try to resolve the issue with the other person involved.
  2. If the matter is not resolved, the individual must attempt to resolve the issue through the next-level supervisor.
  3. If the matter is still not resolved, the individual should submit a written request for a grievance hearing to the Director of Education for issues of academic nature, or to the Campus President for all other issues.

The College recognizes the rights of applicants, students, graduates, former students, and other parties who have business with the College as they relate to due process in matters of alleged violation of policies, procedures, and guidelines of this institution. When an individual feels unjustly treated, he/she can request a Grievance Committee hearing for the specific grievance.

Grade Appeals must be submitted in writing to the Director of Education within two weeks after completion of the course being challenged.

If an individual wishes to appeal a decision other than a grade or academic issue, or requests a hearing for any other perceived violation of rights, a written statement of appeal must be submitted to the Campus President within 15 days of the issue in question. The Campus President will convene the Grievance Committee in a timely manner to consider the request for a hearing. The decision may be appealed to the VP of Operations by either party in the grievance.

The Colorado Department of Education, Division of Private Occupational Schools, provides a two-year limitation from the student’s last date of attendance at the College to take action on a student’s complaint. The Department can be reached at or by calling (303) 862-3001. Student complaints should be filed online, at the above web address, with the Division of Private Occupational Schools.


Schools accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges must have a procedure and operational plan for handling student complaints.

If a student does not feel that the school has adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting the Accrediting Commission. All complaints reviewed by the Commission must be in written form and should grant permission for the Commission to forward a copy of the complaint to the school for a response.
This can be accomplished by filing the ACCSC Complaint Form. The complainant(s) will be kept informed as to the status of the complaint as well as the final resolution by the Commission. Please direct all inquiries to:

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools & Colleges
2101 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 302
Arlington, VA 22201
(703) 247-4212

A copy of the ACCSC Complaint Form is available at the school and may be obtained by contacting the Campus President or online at

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA)

IBMC College is an NC‐SARA institution through the home state of Colorado. Students enrolled in distance education programs, may appeal complaints not resolved via the IBMC College Grievance and Appeal process or the Colorado Department of Private Occupational schools, to the CO‐SARA via their website at . Complaints must be submitted within two years of the incident. Complaints regarding student grades or student conduct violations may not be appealed to the CO SARA Council. Further information can be found at the Colorado Department of Higher Education SARA Page.

Request Info