Continuing Education Course: Chemical Peel
24 clock hours (1 class)
IBMC College is dedicated to your success. We designed this program to accommodate working estheticians. This hands-on learning experience uses state-of-the-art equipment to ensure you master the coursework. Small class sizes, capped at 6 students per session, allow you ample one-on-one training with the instructor so you will graduate confident and prepared to advance your career in the beauty industry.
Our 3-day course explores different types of chemical peels (including glycolic and salicylic acid peels) and their differences and functions, along with contraindications to treatment and the management of adverse side effects.
Your training will help to give your clients the benefits of:
- Controlling acne and over-productive sebaceous glands
- Correcting pigment problems, like melasma
- Smoothing rough and dry skin
- Correcting uneven pigmentation caused by sun exposure, birth control pills, aging, etc.
- Smoothing fine lines and surface wrinkles
Breakdown of Coursework
- 8 hours: Skin analysis, conditions, contraindications, and aftercare (theory)
- 8 hours: Product ingredients of cosmetic resurfacing exfoliating substances (theory)
- 8 hours: Chemical peel treatment procedures and treatment of reactions (hands-on practicum)
Receiving Your Certification & Career Opportunities
After certifying in chemical peels, you will have the opportunity to treat a wider variety of clientele’s skincare concerns. Chemical peels are one of the top 5 minimally invasive skincare treatments performed throughout the United States.
With Skin Care Specialists careers expected to grow 12% nationally over the next decade, according to the U.S. Bureau of Statistics’ Occupational Outlook Handbook, your career possibilities are abundant with this advanced training.