Our History & Legacy
History & Legacy
For over 30 years, IBMC College has been dedicated to providing quality career-training education to the communities of northern Colorado. IBMC has helped thousands of individuals find employment in their specific fields of study.
The Institute of Business and Medical Careers was founded under the name Medical Careers Training Center in 1987. Located in Fort Collins, Colorado, the College originally offered diplomas in Medical Assisting. Over time, the college has expanded and rebranded as IBMC College. Today, we have three campuses located in Fort Collins, Greeley and Longmont, Colorado. We offer career paths in the following fields: medical, dental, business, legal and cosmetology.
Each year, IBMC College students graduate and find success in their chosen careers. As career opportunities and job need in the region expand, we’ll continue our commitment to providing professional career training — serving our communities for years to come.
Caring individuals … Changing Lives
IBMC College delivers a wide range of professional, life-changing opportunities to promote personal, social and career development. We welcome a diversity of individuals and encourage lifelong learning for success.
Mission Statement Objectives
- Assist students in achieving an education in their chosen fields of study
- Provide job-skills training based upon current industry needs
- Provide the opportunity for students to obtain marketable skills
- Incorporate hands-on experience as part of the program curriculum
- Provide the necessary individualized instruction to enable students to progress to their highest potentials
- Provide career placement assistance for graduates
- Work with an Program Advisory Committee, comprised of area business managers and owners, to review ideal skills for various careers and to suggest curriculum changes that will enhance our programs, providing you with up-to-date industry trends during your college experience