Take the career quiz to see if aCosmetology career is right for you
Learn the skills necessary to achieve success in IBMC’s Cosmetology classes
Make your clients look and feel their best
Use your training to help others by starting your career in Cosmetology. Just take the next step to get started!
Check out the available opportunities in your area to see what you could be doing as a Cosmetologist after completing your training program and passing your state board exams.
Contact one of our IBMC admissions representatives to get started today!
What to Expect as a Student
At IBMC College School of Cosmetology, student success is a top priority. Every step of the way is student-focused, from the time you apply to your graduation. You will receive individualized instruction from skilled educators in hairstyling, nail techniques, skincare, salon and business management.
Individuals gain valuable experience in the beauty field, both through lecture classes and hands-on practice by working on models and guests in the Student Beauty Services Clinic. Students will also build a strong foundation in safety and hygiene, professional work habits, product knowledge and business fundamentals — all designed to prepare you for the State Board Examination.
Make what you love be what you do!
Hands-on Experience & Career Opportunities
IBMC College Cosmetology students gain real-world experience by perfecting their skills in the on-campus Student Beauty Services Clinics with supervision by licensed educators. Students will interact with clients to master hands-on practical skills and perform services for a variety of hair and skin types. In addition, students will develop positive and professional readiness for salon success.
Licensed Cosmetologists work in a variety of beauty settings. Many of our graduates go on to become hairstylists, health and beauty spa workers, and makeup artists.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the occupation of Cosmetologists is projected to grow faster than the average of all occupations through 2026 — an employment increase of 13%.**
Licensed Cosmetologists can work in careers such as:
- Makeup Artist
- Skin Care Specialist (Esthetician)
- Salon Manager
- Vocational Teacher
*IBMC College’s Cosmetology Diploma program may be completed in as little as 13 months.
**U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook: Barbers, Hairstylists and Cosmetologists
“My experience at IBMC College has been amazing. I have gained so much self-confidence and am excited to be doing something I love.”
Cassandra Javalera, IBMC Cosmetology Graduate
- Facials and Skincare
- Manicuring and Pedicuring
- Management, Ethics, Interpersonal Skills and Salesmanship
- Download Full Course List
Program Kit* includes:
- Premium Hair Kit with upgrades that includes a shear set, feather razor, flat iron, curling irons, blow dryer, brushes and combs, capes, tint bottle, spray bottle, apron, clips, manikins, jumbo duffle bag with wheels and plastic tote organizer.
- Nail Kit that includes an acrylic kit, odorless acrylic kit, manicure bowl, nail brushes, files, manicure kit, apron, practice hand and fingers and duffle bag.
- Makeup kit that includes 7 piece brush kit, liner pencils, lip color wheel, concealer wheel, powders, foundations, eye shadow pallet, mascaras, lip glosses, and carrying case.
- Skin Care kit that includes facial cleansers, masks, serums, lip enhancement complex, moisturizers, eyebrow set, body brush set, cape, manikin and carrying case.
- Voucher for 1 Cherokee 3/4 sleeve white lab coat
- Personalized name badge
Locations & Schedules:
Plus, as part of our commitment to accelerated training, we offer class starts for our Cosmetology program multiple times a year — because when you are ready to change your life, there is no reason to wait.
Tuition and Fees:
The full tuition cost depends on the program you choose, military status, and financial aid you may qualify for. Get the details on your specific program and personal needs.
- Gainful Employment – Cosmetology Diploma
- Student Consumer Information Guide
- Net Price Calculator
- Paying for College – Financial Aid Assistance
- Military Benefits
*Program kit is not included in your tuition. IBMC College’s Cosmetology diploma’s Program Kit is required to buy and has an additional cost.
Is Career Training Right For You?
Take the IBMC College Career Readiness Quiz.
Identify goals, personal strengths and important facts about your potential career path so you can make an informed decision about your future. It just takes a few minutes!