Inspiring Faculty Members at IBMC College Play Large Role in the Success of Students in the Medical, Legal, Business and Massage College Programs
At IBMC, we know that quality of instructor greatly affects students’ educational experience. Because of that, IBMC has made it a top priority to hire faculty members that personify our mission statement: Caring individuals…changing lives.
In this week’s Teacher Feature, we honor Adam Lanning, an Anatomy & Physiology and Massage Therapy instructor at the Cheyenne campus. Students are often quick to name him as one of their favorite instructors and his sense of humor creates an engaging and fun environment!
Here’s how Adam answered the questions to our Teacher Feature questionnaire:
1. What do you do, or what did you do, as a profession when you’re not teaching? For how long have you done this? I am an active Massage Therapist in Cheyenne, WY.
2. What is the ONE thing you enjoy most about teaching? Electrifying the cerebral light bulbs.
3. What is one thing that you say or do that inspires students to succeed? I like to share my personal stories so they know I’ve experienced the things I teach about.
4. Who inspires YOU? My team and the people who overcome great odds.
5. Describe IBMC in 5 words or less. Institute of Business, Medical Careers – I love sarcasm!
6. What was the last movie you watched? Taken 2
7. If you woke up tomorrow with the means to travel anywhere in the world, where would it be and why? Old Europe…the land of my peeps!
8. What is one crazy/zany fact about yourself that most students would not know? Secret talents, have you ever been on TV, etc? I once massaged a ton of A-list celebrities at the Sundance Film Festival. I was also arrested once in 5th grade…luckily, I learn fast.