Expanded Duty Dental Assisting
Classes held over three weeks on Fridays and Saturdays
At the Longmont Campus
- Friday, September 11th, through Friday, September 25th
Cost of Program
The cost for the program is $1,600 in total* (includes the final exam, books, and materials for the course), but we offer a payment plan if students are not able to pay in full at time of enrollment.
- The payment plan requires the down payment of $600 at time of enrollment
- The second payment of $500 is due before the first day of class
- The final payment of $500 is due before the final day of class
*For payment details and to learn more about the payment plan, please contact IBMC College’s Vice President of Education.
EDDA Certification – Program Details
As an Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (sometimes also referred to as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant), your daily job duties may expand to include:
- Caries and cavity classifications
- Tooth morphology
- Cavity preparations
- Properties of amalgam
- Esthetic restorative materials and procedures
- Placement of bases and liners
- Composite resin
- Amalgam utilizing two-handed and four-handed dentistry
- Crown and Bridge Impressions
- Cord Packing
- Temporary Crown Fabrication and Cementation
- Orthodontics (time permitting to include Wire Placement, Ligature, Bracket Cementation)
There are no prerequisites for dental assistants with two or more years of chair-side experience in the field.
Dental assistants with less than 24 months of chair-side work experience in the field need a dental assisting certification to enroll in this program. The minimum is six months actively working as a chair-side certified dental assistant, and must be working at the time of class.
“I would highly recommend any Dental Assistant to take the EDDA course. I have gained so much knowledge and feel very comfortable going back to my clinic and utilizing the skills I learned. Helen and Lindsey are both amazing teachers. They both pushed us to do our best. I am so glad that I was able to attend this course.”
- Angela Martinez, Alamosa Family Dental, EDDA Graduate
Next Class Starting Soon!
Sign up to receive email announcements about future classes.