Expanded Duty Dental Assisting
Next Class Starting Soon!
Sign up to receive email announcements about future classes.
As an Expanded Duty Dental Assistant (sometimes also referred to as an Expanded Function Dental Assistant), your daily job duties may expand to include:
- Caries and cavity classifications
- Tooth morphology
- Cavity preparations
- Properties of amalgam
- Esthetic restorative materials and procedures
- Placement of bases and liners
- Composite resin
- Amalgam utilizing two-handed and four-handed dentistry
- Crown and Bridge Impressions
- Cord Packing
- Temporary Crown Fabrication and Cementation
- Orthodontics (time permitting to include Wire Placement, Ligature, Bracket Cementation)
There are no prerequisites for dental assistants with two or more years of chair-side experience in the field.
Dental assistants with less than 24 months of chair-side work experience in the field need a dental assisting certification to enroll in this program. The minimum is six months actively working as a chair-side certified dental assistant, and must be working at the time of class.
"I thoroughly enjoyed this program. The hands-on portion helped the chapters come to life. The instructors were very helpful and personable. I would definitely recommend this class to others who are seeking to further their knowledge and career in the dental field."
- Taylor Hipp, Gentle Smiles of Colorado
Classes held over three weeks on Fridays and Saturdays
At the Fort Collins Campus
- Friday, January 11, through Friday, January 25
- Friday, May 3, through Friday, May 17
- Friday, September 6, through Friday, September 20
At the Longmont Campus
- Friday, March 8, through Friday, March 22
- Friday, July 12, through Friday, July 26
- Friday, November 8, through Friday, November 22
Cost of Program
The cost for the program is $1,500 in total* (includes the final exam, books, and materials for the course), but we offer a payment plan if students are not able to pay in full at time of enrollment.
- The payment plan requires the down payment of $500 at time of enrollment
- The second payment of $500 is due before the first day of class
- The final payment of $500 is due before the final day of class
*For payment details and to learn more about the payment plan, please contact IBMC College’s Vice President of Education.
"I would highly recommend any Dental Assistant to take the EDDA course. I have gained so much knowledge and feel very comfortable going back to my clinic and utilizing the skills I learned. Helen and Lindsey are both amazing teachers. They both pushed us to do our best. I am so glad that I was able to attend this course."
- Angela Martinez, Alamosa Family Dental